The choice of wood for drawers depends on your specific needs and preferences, as well as the overall style and design of the furniture piece. Here are some popular wood options for drawers, each with its own unique characteristics:
- Hard Maple: Hard maple is a durable and sturdy wood that is often used for making high-quality drawers. It has a light, creamy color with a fine grain pattern that takes stains and finishes well. It is resistant to wear and tear, making it an excellent choice for heavy-use drawers.
- Cherry: Cherry wood is known for its rich reddish-brown color and fine, straight grain. It has a warm and elegant appearance and darkens over time, developing a beautiful patina. Cherry wood is less hard than maple but still suitable for drawers.
- Oak: Oak is a classic choice for drawers and cabinetry. It comes in two main varieties: red oak and white oak. Red oak has a pinkish hue, while white oak is light brown with a gray undertone. Oak is strong, durable, and readily available, making it a cost-effective choice.
- Walnut: Walnut is a luxurious wood with a rich, dark brown color and a striking grain pattern. It is often chosen for high-end furniture and adds a sense of sophistication to drawers. While it’s not as hard as maple, it is still a durable option.
- Birch: Birch is a lighter wood with a pale, creamy color and a subtle grain pattern. It is a cost-effective choice that takes stains well and provides a clean, modern look. Birch is a good option if you want an economical yet attractive drawer material.
- Mahogany: Mahogany is a tropical hardwood known for its deep reddish-brown color and fine, straight grain. It has been historically used for fine furniture and adds an element of luxury to drawers. Mahogany is relatively expensive but exceptionally beautiful.
- Plywood: While not a hardwood in the traditional sense, plywood is a composite material made by layering thin sheets of wood together. It is a practical choice for drawer construction due to its stability and resistance to warping. Plywood can be faced with veneers of hardwoods to achieve a specific look.
When choosing the best wood for drawers, consider factors such as your budget, desired aesthetics, and the intended use of the furniture. It’s also crucial to pay attention to the joinery and construction methods used in making the drawers, as well as the finish applied to protect and enhance the wood’s appearance and durability. Ultimately, the best wood for your drawers will align with your specific needs and design preferences.
Buy Longer Lasting Custom Drawer Boxes From DC Drawers
Quality wooden drawer boxes come from using the right materials, the right fasteners, the right types of drawer joinery, and skilled craftsmen who can build long lasting drawer boxes. Avoid saving money in the short term and invest a little extra money in adding quality drawers to your kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere else you need reliable storage options.
If you are a homeowner or cabinetry contractor and are looking for a new manufacturer of premade drawer boxes Drawer Connection is your source for quick turn around, quality products, and exceptional customer service. If you are interested in buying cheap unfinished replacement cabinet doors, visit CabinetDoors.com. CabinetDoor.com also offers cheap cabinet doors.
DC Drawers is your trusted supplier for draw boxes and accessories. Our professionals can save you money and deliver the finest quality products customized to your specifications. Use the button above to get free quotes that are always available 24/7 in real time via our ordering page. Give us a call today to talk about the options we have available or place and order at 877-917-4887.