Kitchen Cabinet Replacement
- Existing cabinets are first removed and expert installation specialists level your base cabinets to prevent them from cracking in future years. Wall cabinets are hung and hardware and doors are professionally installed.
- There are thousands of companies who will replace your cabinets but is an expert job and you want to find a company with a great deal of experience, excellent reviews and a company that guarantees the quality of their work.
- The average cost for cabinet replacement is $16,000 with prices ranging from $12,000 to $20,000 for the US in 2020.
- There is nearly always a good time to replace kitchens. When constructing a new house, remodeling your kitchen, building a new addition, creating a kitchen layout, when cabinet boxes are in poor condition, among others.
- Although it is not the most eco-friendly option, (old material frequently gets landfilled) it is possible to donate good condition cabinets to Habitat for Humanity and recycling yards.
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing or Refinishing
- There are two elements to cabinet refacing. Obviously, the installation is new drawer doors and faces and the installation of brand new cabinet fixtures. If needed they may be able to replace entire drawer sets.
- Not as many professionals offer this service compared to cabinet replacements but it is catching on as more homeowners learn about refacing options. It should not be difficult to find an experienced professional in your area who can do a professional job of cabinet refacing.
- The average cost for cabinet refacing is $8,500 with prices ranging from $7,000 to $10,000 for the US in 2019.
- Refacing cabinets is a great idea when the cabinet boxes are still in good condition, when the total cost may be an issue, when you are remodeling a home and when you like the current layout of your kitchen.
- It usually takes a professional around 2 to 4 days to complete the task.
- Refacing is also very friendly to the environment. During the process, the only items heading to the trash are drawer fronts and cabinet doors.
Kitchen Cabinet Replacement or Refacing – What Is Right For You?
It is always great to have new cabinets, so if you can afford it and it works within your budget plan for your home, new kitchen cabinets will add to the resale value and look great. However, cabinet refacing is a very viable alternative if you do not want to make as large an investment up-front.