Oak offers beautiful grain patterns and rustic looks as well as being known for its very heavy and strong properties. It has a fine and smooth finish to simplify staining. Read on to learn more.
- Most desirable wood for European furniture.
- Very resistant to corrosion and moisture.
- The best choice for cabinets, drawers, doors and windows.
- Can be made into a wide variety of shapes.
- Works well with varnish.
- It is very affordable
- Widely available
- Great for making heavy grade items
- Offers a smooth and clear finish and a wonderful natural grain pattern
- Very durable.
- Its heaviness can make it tougher to build contemporary furniture with.
- It can be more susceptible to shattering and splintering when cut.
- It may crack if not properly maintained or cleaned.
- The stain may darken and the two-toned look it produces may be less attractive.
If you’re looking for the best quality cabinet drawer boxes at the best prices there isn’t a better source than Drawer Connection. We give you your choice of wood and only source the highest quality raw materials. All of our fabrication is high precision and made to last. Whether you’re choosing a solid wood with a dovetail joint or a melamine with a dowel joint, every single drawer box is built to last!